Reference number: 02/MLA/2012
MLA Koha Project 2012
MALDIVES LIBRARY ASSOCIATION
Call for expression of interest in providing technical support and training on Koha ILS
Terms of Reference for the interested party are as follows:
- Data conversion from .csv to Koha – for a maximum of 10 libraries
- Setup of individual Koha databases for 10 libraries
- Provision of combined search facility for the 10 libraries
- Online support to the MLA Koha project coordination team for the duration of the completion of work (approximately 6 months).
- Physical on-site hands-on training and support to the MLA Koha project coordination team for a duration not less than 2 weeks.
- Physical on-site Koha training to the staff of the 10 libraries. The training will be conducted in Malé, Maldives to a maximum of 25 participants. The duration of the training shall be a minimum of 3 days (7 hr sessions per day).
- Greenstone Digital Library software expertise will be an added advantage.
What the MLA will provide:
- Economy return air ticket from the country of origin of the selected party (only for one person).
- Accommodation, food, & local hospitality during the on-site visit.
- Infrastructure required for the setup of the databases as stated above.
- Training facility, with individual workstations for the participants.
- Local resource person with a fair knowledge of Koha ILS for the necessary coordination and support during the on-site visit.
The on-site visit would need to be adjusted between the duration from
24 May 2012 to 9 June 2012.
The tentative dates for the training (item “6” above) are 3-7 June 2012.
Interested parties should send an expression of interest in writing with a price quotation before April 24, 2012, to:
Maldives Library Association,
National Library, 1 FL Museum Building,
Medhuziyaaraih magu, Male’, Maldives.
E-mail submission will also be accepted. Please e-mail to: email@example.com.
For further information please write to the e-mail address above, or call the project coordinator Aminath Riyaz on 7765181.
Advertisement date: 17 April 2012